Lynchburg Covenant Fellowship is accepting applications for a full-time Housing Specialist to operate Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and Project Based Section 8 housing programs.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Answering multi-line phone system
- Interviewing applicants
- Processing applications and re-certifications
- Field work and inspections
- Computing rental payments
- Assure deadlines are tracked and appropriate actions are taken as required
- Participate in regular staff meetings with the ability to present information in a consistent, organized and accurate way
- Ability to interpret, apply, and ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations related to housing and landlord-tenant relations
- Prepare and submit various reports to HUD and other regulatory agencies in a timely manner
- Preparing court documents and conducting lease terminations
- Database management, organizing/filing resident paperwork and documenting files as required
- Ensure all required documents are executed in accordance with requirements governed by HUD, other regulatory agencies and LCF policies
- Performing other duties as assigned
Preference will be given to applicants who have knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit Programs (LIHTC) and Project Based Section 8 HUD rules and regulations, VA Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodation Policies.
- 1 year of Property Management or Leasing experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a high pressure environment
- Excellent planning, administrative, verbal and written communication skills, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Operating systems including: Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to maintain a variety of time sensitive tasks with confidentiality, and complete according to deadlines
- Must have a strong work ethic and a minimum of 3 years Customer Service experience
- Detail Oriented & extremely organized
- Must have the ability to apply basic mathematical concepts to practical situations
- Prioritizing and time management skills
- Possess considerable knowledge of standard office practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed, organized manner, independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
LCF will provide initial and on-going training for this position.
We offer an excellent compensation package that includes Life, Health, Dental and Vision insurance. Additionally, we have an outstanding retirement package, paid holidays, vacation and sick time after trial period.
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.